I'd never eaten an avocado. Guacamole doesn't count. So when all of Instagram suddenly erupted with pictures of avocado toast, I decided it was time I joined in the fun. Here's my avocado toast recipe.
What you need
- Avocado - 2
- Black pepper
- Lemon - 1
- Bread - 2 slices. Use multi-seed bread if you can. Much healthier
What you do
- Slice your avocados in half (mind the big seed in the middle, slice around it)
- Scoop avocado flesh out into a bowl
- Mash coarsely
- Squeeze a little lemon juice into this
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt
- Grind a pinch of black pepper
- Sprinkle paprika
- Mix it all up
- Toast your bread
- Heap a large spoon of avocado mix onto your toasts and spread
- Sprinkle a little more paprika and pepper on top
- All done, enjoy!
Tip1: a little butter on your toast, before the avocado goes on, is yummy
Tempting as it is, don't reach for that chocolate brownie after this. You've done well so far, stay with it!