A few weeks ago, I shared my chorizo and egg bhurji recipe. I love a good bhurji; you can tweak these Indian spiced scrambled eggs in so many different ways, making for some very yummy and varied brunches. This is my husband's South Indian Egg Bhurji recipe.
- Eggs - 4
- Onion - 1 medium
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig (10-12 leaves)
- Mustard seeds - 1.5 tsp heaped
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2
- Olive oil
- Peel and finely dice the onion
- Beat the eggs with a fork
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a saucepan on medium
- When hot, add mustard seeds
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the urad dal and red chillies and saute till the dal starts turning brown
- Add the curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds
- Stir the diced onion into the egg mixture
- Add salt and pepper
- Stir and pour into the pan
- Using a back and forth and side to side motion, scramble the eggs
- All done!
- These South Indian style scrambled eggs taste great with toast, or rolled in a paratha or chapatti
Check out my other brunch recipes!