Summer is officially here. Who cares if it's been raining non-stop for the last 24 hours. We've bought (and finished) our first watermelon of the season. So large, I had to stand on tippy toes to get a picture of it!
My husband likes working with big things and tools, so out came a giant knife and a huge bag of ice, and some rummaging in the fridge, clanging and whirring later (times like this I pretend I can't see or hear anything - best not to get involved for fear of giving myself a heart attack at the sight of the colossal mess that is my kitchen when Arunn is in it!), I'm presented with the most delicious glass of watermelon punch.
Here's his recipe that he was delighted to share.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Watermelon - peeled, deseeded and cut into pieces - 3 heaped cereal bowls
- Lime - 2
- Honey - 4 tbsp
- Mint - 2 handfuls of leaves
- Ice - 12-15 cubes
- Put the watermelon pieces into a blender
- Squeeze the limes in
- Add the mint leaves
- Pour in the honey
- Chuck in the ice cubes
- Whirr until blended well
- Pour and enjoy!
- Keep aside some watermelon chunks, lime slices, and mint leaves to decorate!
- Spike with white rum or Absolut vodka ;)